Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Mother’s Day Special: Dedicated to My Mother with her elder sister

My Mom with her Elder sister









THY NAME IS MOTHER

M - is for the million things she gave me,
O - means only that she's growing old,
T - is for the tears she shed to save me,
H - is for her heart of purest gold,
E - is for her eyes, with love-light shining,
R - means right, and right she'll always be.

Put them all together, they spell "MOTHER,"
A word that means the world to me.
-Howard Johnson (c. 1915)
------------------------------------------------






Some Motherly Advice...


Always change your underwear; you never know when you'll have an accident.
Don't make that face or it'll freeze in that position.
Be careful or you'll put your eye out.
What if everyone jumped off a cliff? Would you do it, too?
You have enough dirt behind those ears to grow potatoes!
Close that door! Were you born in a barn?
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.
Don't put that in your mouth; you don't know where it's been!
----------------------------------------------






MORE THAN A MOTHER






When God set the world in place,when He hung the stars up in space,when He made the land and the sea,then He made you and me.
He sat back and saw all that was good,He saw things to be as they should.Just one more blessing He had in store;He created a mother, but whatever for?
He knew a mother would have a special placeto shine His reflection on her child's face.A mother will walk the extra milejust to see her children smile.She'll work her fingers to the boneto make a house into a home.
A mother is there to teach and guide,a mother will stay right by your side.She'll be there through your pain and strife,she'll stay constant in your life.
A mother will lend a helping handuntil you have the strength to stand.She'll pick you up when you are down,when you need a friend she'll stick around.A mother is one who listens well,will keep her word; will never tell.A mother never pokes or priesbut stands quietly by your side,giving you the strength you need,encouraging you to succeed.A mother is one who can be strongwhen you need someone to lean on.
You're more than a mother to me;a reflection of Him in your face I see,a love that knows no boundaries.I'm glad that you chose to beall this and more to me.You share a love that knows no end,you're more than my mother,you are my friend.
~By Kari Keshmiry~





------------------------------






MOTHER






If I could give you diamondsfor each tear you cried for me.if I could five you sapphiresfor each truth you’ve helped me see.If I could give you rubiesfor the heartache that you’ve knownIf I could give you pearlsfor the wisdom that you’ve shown.
Then you’ll have a treasure, mother,that would mount up to the skiesThat would almost matchthe sparkle in your kind and loving eyes.
But I have no pearls, no diamonds,As I’m sure you’re well awareSo I’ll give you gifts more preciousMy devotion, love and care.
~Author Unknown~
--------------------------------------






AS I LOOK BACK...






As I look back on my lifeI find myself wondering...Did I remember to thank youfor all that you have done for me?
For all of the times you were by my sideto help me celebrate my successesand accept my defeats?
Or for teaching me the value of hard work,good judgement, courage, and honesty?
I wonder if I've ever thanked youfor the simple things...The laughter, smiles, and quiet times we've shared?
If I have forgotten to express my gratitudeFor any of these things,I am thanking you now...and I am hoping that you've known all along,how very much you are loved and appreciated.
~Author Unknown~
--------------------------------------------






SAYINGS AND QUOTES






"God could not be everywhereand therefore he made mothers."~Jewish proverb~
"Of all the rights of women,the greatest is to be a mother."~By Lin Yutang~
"The heart of a mother is a deep abyssat the bottom of which you will alwaysfind forgiveness."~By Honore' de Balzac (1799-1850)~
"The mother's heart is the child's schoolroom."~By Henry Ward Beecher (1813-1887)~
"Youth fades; love droops,the leaves of friendship fall;A mother's secret hope outlives them all."~By Oliver Wendell Holmes (1809-1894)~
"The joys of motherhoodare never fully experienceduntil the children are in bed."~~Author Unknown.~~

No comments:

Post a Comment