Friday, November 16, 2007

CLEARING THE UNCLEARED MIND OF A DOUNTFUL MAN

By Tungnung

A group of a few guys were in a rented room in Munirka, New Delhi. While we were talking about something related to our community, one of our fellow guy stop all of us in the middle of our discussion. He said, "I have a question to ask and I need the answer right now, if you guys can answer I would really appreciate it". We all laugh with amazement; he again starts his words and raised this vividly worth answering question.

The worth answering question is "Why the name of the Zo/Zou is being neglected by the other Zomi community while writing or speaking about the Zomi, why it is not mention when some body speaks about the Zomiz?".

After hearing this unexpected or uncalled for question, we all soughed at him and one of our ignorant friend simply said, "it indicates that we are worthless to mention". By hearing this brainless response, I somehow got angry and make him shut his empty mouth. I asked them all to listen carefully and tell them they should not disturb me while I am talking. So, I make them sit in a round and start my lecture.

Dear friends, if you don't mind let me elaborate this topic a little bit deeper so as to understand and got the root points of my lecture. Zo/Zou, as we all know is the only tribe/community, which treasured the originality/ancient history of the ZO/ZOU. Zo/Zou people are the one who first started to make understand our brethren that they too are Zo/Zou. If you see in the anal of the Zo/Zou history, the Zo speaking people are the people who called themselves Zo/Zou even while the other unaware of their belongingness called them Zo naptol. To mention a few out of many worth mentioning ownership, I would like to tell you one more thing. The Zo/Zou people are known as the intepu or intepi of the Zomi.

For all these reasons, the awaken Zo suons deem it unnecessary to mention the word Zo/Zou while they speak about the Zomi. That means, they know that we are already in that very topic. Just to make you clearer, with my sincere apologies to our Zo brethren, While we talk about Zomi, one has to mention Paite Zomi/Zo, Thadou Zomi/Zo, Gangte Zomi/Zo, Simte Zomi/Zo, Tedim Zomi/Zo etc. etc., it is clear that one does not have to mention Zou/Zo Zomi. It signifies that Zou/Zo are already in the Zomi itself. As I have told you earlier, the other communities like Paite, Simte, Thadou, Gangte or others are the name which comes from/according to our dwelling place or comes from the name of the sons' of Pu Zou/Zo, we need to mention them while talking about Zomi.

After lecturing these short facts, my friends surprisingly greeted me, saying, wowwww!!!! Tungnung, you are incredible, where the hell did you get all this knowledge? "This is the fact that every one ought to know, it is simple, one can learn this things from our day-to-day life" said I.

We then went out and have a cup of tea.

Note: This article may sounds intolerable or too much to teach a friend. If it hurts your sentiment, here my apologies. Sorry!!

No comments:

Post a Comment