Monday, September 10, 2007

A Tribute to my Brother

By M. Muan Zou

It is an early shadowing morning
Not from an unknown place comes a call
Voice on the other end is what I long to hear
But News that comes-by is so strange to me
A Shocking news, simply too hard to believe
But extremely unbearable to hear all of a sudden

It is not the voice I heard
Nor the strange news that struck me down
But the memories that display in my inners
Down from our childhood, time after time
Painfully to be ended up here in this way
That makes me cry out of my heart
How much I have missed my beloved brother hitherto
And how much I will be missing him now and after

My thought still alive, as my memories do
For what cause my brother had sacrificed his life
On what ground he was condemned
In which manner he had been slained
If they ever remember that moment
That one's Life is not in their hands
Not even in the owner's
But only in God's hands
They would not have finished his right to live

I know they cannot give him back now
Nor can I ask his life back
This is where my heart floats
Like a lonely boat in the ocean
Till I'm being comforted by the Almighty
That this is His divine purpose

O brother, don't be regret of dying young
Cos' you've had proved valiantly
How much you've loved for our fathers' lands
And a handful of thousand lives within
So keen and so desire to rescue
Out of this devil's flood

However, even if our lands lay beneath the water
Your names and your machismo deeds
Will never lie at the bottom of the sea
But rather sink in our hearts
And always be remembered so!

Brother, I will always cherished you name
Cos' you've taught me this:
That besides there's a purpose to live
There's also a purpose to die!

Dear Bro', may your soul rest in peace in thy Creator's arms
And dear brothers, may your souls rest in peace in thy Creator's arm

[A tribute to my beloved brother M Hahau Zou [Mr. Pumsuanhao] of Zomun village, who laid down his life with two of his friends at the blatant-shots from the Indian Reserved Battalion/BSF on 14 December '05, while on 'dharna' at Khuga Dam Site against the mischievous Khuga Dam Project, Churachandpur, Manipur]