Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Manipur State Government ditches HIV + tribes

The Red ribbon is a symbol for solidarity with...Image via Wikipedia

Imphal, Mar 16 : Champion Khundrakpam Pradip- kumar, who has defied HIV infection, to become a role model of optimism, by winning laurels as a body builder, is today struggling to receive the required nutritional support for the vigorous training he is undergoing in preparation for the upcoming National Body Building Championship.

A born fighter that he is, Pradip (40) who has already bagged laurels in various National body building championships, is nevertheless a worried man today after the State Government cancelled the one year dietary and other support. The State Government had earlier agreed to extend dietary support to Pradip for one year taking cognizance of his determination and good showing as well.

Pradip, who tested HIV positive eight years back, disclosed his status after he won the senior Mr Manipur title at Imphal in December 2007.

In 2008 he grabbed the 6th spot in the National Body Building competition in March at Meerut and 4th in Aurangabad in June and bagged the bronze at the 9th all India inter-State body building championship in the 55 Kg category at Trichur in January this year.

Driven by a strong zeal for the ensuing 49th Senior National Body Building Championship to be held in Kolkata from April 3, Pradip has requested all concerned including private firms and well wishers to aid him.

“I am facing a critical time even though I have won the senior Mr Manipur. The Manipur AIDS Control Society has discontinued its one year contract to aid me,” a dejected Pradip, of Khamnam Leirak here, told The Sangai Express on March 14.

“The way I have been treated tantamount to discouraging the other positive people of the world to lead a healthy life. They should value the effort I have been putting in,” he said.

“The laurels I have achieved are for my State and for my country and it should be an inspiration to all positive people that like me they can beat the odds and lead a very healthy life, ” he said.

Earlier many an NGOs had chipped in to help me in procuring my diet but due to their own financial constraints they have now stopped it, Pradip said while expressing his heartfelt gratitude to his friend- Ibomcha Singh of Sagolband Meino Leirak- for giving him Rs 8000.

Extremely anguish over the indifferences of the authority concerned and coping with the uncertain time, Pradipkumar even disclosed his contact number -09856271126- for any philanthropists /well wishers to contact him.

“I am spending at least Rs 1000 per day on my nutritional diet and to meet this huge amount, I’m depending on my family and relatives who are also hard pressed to meet my requirements,” a worried Pradip said.

He said the ensuing National Championship would be tougher than the earlier ones as the trial selection team for Mr Asia would be selected from amongst the rank holder of this competition. He is undergoing his heavy practice at a local gym- Calisthenic health circuit.

Source:

.::. All my articles can be view here: MELTED HEARTS .::.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment