Thursday, June 04, 2009

Indian football captian, Baichung donates Jhalak money for cyclone victims

[Agencies] He set the dance floor on fire, and after winning Sony’s Jhalak Dikhla Jaa III and a prize of Rs 40 lakh, Baichung Bhutia donated Rs 1.5 lakh for the cyclone victims to the Chief Minister’s Relief Fund. The Indian football team captain went to the Writers’ Buildings on Monday and met state Urban Development Minister Asok Bhattacharya. The two then met Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee and Baichung handed over the cheque to the CM.



“I have given my choreographer Sonia Rs 20 lakh, because I owe this victory to her. The rest I will donate to different trusts. Cyclone Aila has devastated Bengal. It’s time to stand by the victims and I would like to contribute in my small way,” Baichung said. He also urged other footballers to come forward in this moment of crisis.

When asked about cricketers, Baichung side-stepped the question. “Everybody should come forward and offer help,” he replied. [Agencies]

No comments:

Post a Comment