Monday, November 24, 2008

Diana Hayden's diet and weaknesses

By: Heena Agarwal Anita Raheja

Mumbai: Diana's thought for food

I am a: Non-vegetarian. I avoid pork but I eat everything else. I like sushi. I have tried kangaroo, alligator and snake. I begin my day with: A glass of water and herbal tea with honey. They have to be piping hot, to the point where they burn my tongue.

Breakfast is: three egg whites and one yolk. I don't have bread or juice, just tea. I have about 10 cups of tea in three hours.

I lunch on: Protein-rich meals. I eat spinach, broccoli, tomatoes and either steak or a piece of chicken with salad dressing. I avoid high-starch foods.

My fitness regimen: I stretch for about 15 minutes before I get onto the treadmill. I walk for five kilometres and do push ups and crunches.

My favourite sabzi: Bhindi. I don't like rajma and beans.

I love: Oysters.

When I am shooting: I have tandoori chicken, roti and dal.

Indian sweets are: My biggest weakness. My favorites are kalakand (my mouth is watering), rabri ka mitha rasmalai, mishti doi. When I really crave it, I go for it. I don't believe in sacrificing and cutting down on everything. You need to be moderate and when you have a craving, indulge.

I have: An early dinner of rotis, dal, vegetables and a piece of chicken.

Childhood memories comprise: When I was a kid, my mom would bribe me with Thums Up and potato chips to accompany her to horror movies.

One thing I always carry with me: Digestive biscuits.

In my fridge you will always find: A protein milkshake.

My favourite cook in the family: My brother, Shane. He makes fantastic Hyderabadi biryani.

I make a very good: Breakfast omelette.

I learnt to cook in: The Bigg Boss house. Ashutosh taught me. We would make 30 rotis for lunch and another 30 for dinner. It was fun.

My best dining friends are: My friend Reshma and Pradeep Guha.

I can't resist buying: Cheese.

I feel guilty about: Eating sweets.

My idea of a romantic meal: Food that we both like, a candlelight dinner in a quiet place where people serve and disappear. The essence is on the romance while the food only enhances the romance. I haven't been to Venice yet because I want to go there with the right person.

My favourites

A dish from my hometown: Haleem. Nowhere does haleem taste as good as it does in Hyderabad. A dish called bagare baingan is awesome.

Restaurants: Olive, Mainland China. For Italian food, I recommend Celini. You get the best steak at Blue Frog. I love Nobu around the world. In London, Signor Sassi serves good Italian food and fantastic Lobster Bolognaise.

Cuisine: Indian, Chinese and Japanese.

Spice: Cardamom.

Poison: Red wine.

Diana's Special omelette

Ingredients

2 eggs
2 tbsps of whole milk
Half an onion
1 small tomato
A few mushrooms
Salt
Pepper
Chilly powder
Green and yellow bell peppers
Olive oil
Butter

Method
Beat egg whites. Add egg yolks and beat. Add milk and beat further. Sprinkle salt, pepper, a dash of chilly powder and beat. Put in finely chopped onion, tomato, mushrooms and bell peppers. Beat. Warm olive oil and then pour the eggs. Put butter around the omelette so the sides don't stick and you can flip it easily. Cook till golden brown and garnish with coriander.

Source: http://www.mid-day.com/specials/2008/nov/231108-Diana-Hayden-Former-Miss-World-Khau-Galli-Food-Play.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment