Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day message

- M. Hausienmuan Zou
It was when I first reached Delhi way back in 2004 I first heard Mother`s Day. Then on, mother`s Day always breaks me up. The message are everyplace to tell my mother how much I love her. But I can`t, except in my thought and heart. I dread the day seeing mothers and daughter/son together but today I had a thought. I`m going to write a poem for my mothers then I feel like i am participating in mother`s Day.

As a child, I always thought that mothers were simply mother.In my young mind, I never thought that my mother will make a huge sacrifices for my sake. Oh..! Mother,you are just great. Your life(Motherhood) has a way of sneaking up on you. One day, you talk about going to the doctor and buying medicine. But the next day you never buy the medicine and visit the doctor because budget is limited and soyou think it is better that we get our need first,pay our school fee, e.t.c and save for us incase we get sick,dishes are spilling out of the kitchen sink,we color all the wall,fight each other,lost our sock and books.Because of the ever growing responsibility, you begin pushing your need further down on the list.Eventually, you are just trying to make it through another day without losing your temper or mind. That is no way to live.And deep inside,you know that.You are once the great singer and choir groups,you leads your friends like the four angels-Haute, chochong and all.You once shine like them. But now you can`t stop long enough to catch your breath. Why ? For my sake. Oh.! Mom you are just great.

Yes,mother are everything for us.When we are small..Our lives revolves around her. For everything we need we call mother. To protect us from all danger we want her around us. To kiss away our wound we run to her. But mother are the one on whom we put our blame for all our failures thought she wouldn`t miss a slightest opportunities to praise and encourages us. It is tought how she borne our temper tantrums when we were a teenagers.And how hard we must have made her life behaving so rude and difficult. Mother day is the right time to apologies for all the trouble and suffering we gave her.So be it..!

Today,the world would honour mother. Our church will be recognizing and honoring mother on this special day. Some would honor mother for their sacrifices for the family. For mother it will be a wonderful day of celebration and the most joyous day of their life. Mother`s day,however, is a painful day for mother who are childless.They will receives a gift warmly from someone childs. But deep within their heart they are sad,wish if it is their own children. For those struggling with infertility, this is one of the most dreaded days of the year so be sure to be sensitive this mother`s day to those who are in pain and hurts. There are many couple around us who are struggling to have children̢۪s ,this we don`t know about. I leave you with these concluding remarks. Say a prayer for them as they face the daily heartbreak that accompanies such a loss. And lastly,for all mother I sing

" Ka tun ngai ken milthei ngai lou,ahing vaiha na aw nem nou khu..ka tun ka ngai ka gel doh chiang ka siang a um bang in ngai ing¦"

No comments:

Post a Comment